- Copyright on any open access article in a journal published by BioMed Central is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant BioMed Central a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
In addition to BioMed Central's copyright policy, some journals also follow an Open Data policy and the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in these journals. Further information can be found on the individual journals pages.
Where an author is prevented from being the copyright holder (for instance in the case of US government employees or those of Commonwealth governments), minor variations may be required. In such cases the copyright line and license statement in individual articles will be adjusted, for example to state ‘© 2016 Crown copyright’. Authors requiring a variation of this type should inform BioMed Central during or immediately after submission of their article. Changes to the copyright line cannot be made after publication of an article.
Exceptions to copyright policy
Our policy pages provide details concerning copyright and licensing for articles which were previously published under policies that are different from the above. For instance, occasionally BioMed Central may co‐publish articles jointly with other publishers, and different licensing conditions may then apply. In all such cases, however, access to these articles is free from fees or any other access restrictions.
Philosophy, Ethics, and Humanities in Medicine is the official publication of the Pellegrino Center for Clinical Bioethics at Georgetown University Medical Center.
2018 Journal Metrics
48 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
38 days to first decision for all manuscripts
109 days from submission to acceptance
20 days from acceptance to publication
139 Altmetric mentions
This journal is indexed by
- PubMed Central
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Social Science Citation Index
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Google Scholar
- Academic OneFile
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Current Abstracts
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Current Contents/Arts and Humanities
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Health Policy Reference Center
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- Summon by ProQuest
- The Philosopher's Index